Sunday, October 22, 2017

Black Squirrel


About the middle of spring I looked out and had to take a double take of what I saw under the bird feeders. Yep, a black squirrel. Oh was that a surprise since the ones we have are red and brownish red. He was pretty fat too. I guess he liked the sunflower seeds.


In Bellevue they have black ones and they are also found in Bowling Green. It makes me wonder how he got so far away from where they are normally found.


I wanted to get better pics of him, but was afraid he would see me and take off. See that little concrete bird bath that is tipped over in the back ground....raccoons! The weeds had taken over too.


He did eventually see me and ran next door. I followed him over to my neighbor's house and found out from them that they had seen this little guy a couple of times. Truth is, I thought he was a skunk at first.


See him up on the fence post? He is a fine specimen. 


Run little squirrel, run! And, just like that he was gone. Haven't seen him since he went next door. Wonder what happened to him. I hope no one shoots him come squirrel season.

8 comments:

  1. How lovely ! I have not seen a black squirrel, but I have seen an albino on my husband's grandparents farm.
    Quite beautiful.
    Fall is here, the leaves are falling fast.
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first time I saw a black squirrel was while taking my husband to dialysis in Bowling Breen Ohio. It kinda threw me cause I really thought I was seeing a one of a kind at the time. Evidently they were a common site in that community. I've never seen an albino one. I bet that was a surprise for you too. Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your Sunday.

      Delete
  2. I don't think I've ever seen a black squirrel. We have the reddish-brown ones here too.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then I'm glad I posted on it. Gives people a chance to see something different and not your run-of-the-mill ordinary one.

      Delete
  3. How wonderful, I have never seen a black squirrel here. Ours are brown and not that big.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never had either till up until about 5 years ago. They are awesome as long as they stay out in the yard where they belong, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susanne, welcome back to blogging! I think your black squirrel is neat, I saw a white one when I was visiting my daughter in Ohio. I was glad to see you'd visited my blog.. good to see you again. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had put my telephoto lens on my camera so to get a closer pic of that little guy, but as usual the wrong lens is on the camera. I have missed blogging and all my blogging friends. Thanks for stopping by Teresa.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
~WRITE IT ON YOUR HEART................
THAT THE ONES YOU LOVE ARE LIFE'S MOST PRECIOUS GIFTS~